Joint Declaration Issued from Various Religious Organizations, Rakhine NGOs and Islam Body of Religious Affairs
At 5pm of June the 12th, at MIS building at Yangon, with the help of Ministry of Religious Affairs of the Regional Government of Yangon Division and Organization for Promoting Religious Harmony, various representatives from Organization for Promoting Religious Harmony, Several Rakhine NGOs, and Islam Body of Religious Affairs issued a joint declaration concerning with currently ongoing anarchic situations in Rakhine state, Myanmar, with objectives of restoring peace and order swiftly, and preventing the spread of violence to other regions.
1. The conflicts in Rakhine did not began as a consequence of religious strife, but because of the acts of breaking the prescribed laws.
2. All religious organizations in the Union of Myanmar have been co-existed with each other in harmony and in amicable ways for ages, and are still maintaining this good tradition.
3. We plead the authorities to increase security measures in order to stop these conflicts.
4. We vow to do our best in preventing the spread of this violent to other parts of Myanmar.
5. We strongly condemn these anarchic acts and acts of terrorism, happening in Rakhine state.
6. We urge all citizens of Myanmar to help the civilians suffering from the crisis in Myanmar.
We can confirm according to the meeting that representatives from Organization for Promoting Religious Harmony, Several Rakhine NGOs, Islam Body of Religious Affairs, and various media groups, has decided to form a combined-organization, which will work hand-in-hand with local government officials, with the objective of bringing peace to areas affected by the violence in Rakhine state, and to prevent the spread of violence to other parts of Myanmar